Part-time research position at the new Collaborative Research Centre (CRC) 1283 in the project C3 “Recursive utility with intertemporal substitution and related stochastic representation problems”.
Applications invited for a part-time research position starting on October 1, 2017 at the new Collaborative Research Centre (CRC) 1283 “Taming uncertainty and profiting from randomness and low regularity in analysis, stochastics and their applications” (E13 TV-L) (non-permanent position).
The successful candidate will participate in the CRC project C3 “Recursive utility with intertemporal substitution and related stochastic representation problems” further information is available at https://www.sfb1283.uni-bielefeld.de.
- The research of this position within project C3 of the CRC 1283 will focus on “Recursive utility with intertemporal substitution and related stochastic representation problems“, with a special focus on backward stochastic differential equations and their applications in economics and finance (approx. 85% of responsibilities)
- Participate in joint research projects and discussions in the C3project, and contribute to events such as project-oriented workshops (approx. 5%)
- Contribute to the main topics of discussion and research in the CRC (approx. 5%)
- Assist in planning and organizing CRC events (approx. 5%)
The successful candidate is expected to have:
- Academic degree in either Mathematics or Economics
- Interest in the interdisciplinary aspects of mathematics and economics, as well as a strong background in probability theory
- Thorough background in research fields related to the project
- Ability to communicate and to work in a team
- Good knowledge of English
Salary will be paid according to Remuneration level 13 of the Wage Agreement for Public Service in the Federal States (TV-L). As stipulated in §2 (1) paragraph 1 of the WissZeitVG(fixed-term employment), the contract will end on June 30, 2021. If the project is successful, the project may be extended. In accordance with the provisions of the WissZeitVGand the Agreement on Satisfactory Conditions of Employment, the length of contract may differ in individual cases. The successful candidate is encouraged to participate in postgraduate training. The position is advertised as a 75% part-time employment. In individual cases, this percentage may be reduced on request, as long as this does not conflict with official requirements.
Bielefeld University is particularly committed to the career development of its employees. It offers attractive internal and external postgraduate training. Employees have the opportunity to use a variety of health, counselling, and prevention programs. Bielefeld University aims at a good work-family balance.
Your application should be received via email (a single PDF document sent to firstname.lastname@example.org) by the 11th of August 2017. Please mark your application with the identification code wiss17179. In addition to the usual documents we request a letter of motivation. Please do not use folders and send only photocopies of original documents because all application materials will be destroyed at the end of the selection procedure.