At the newly granted CRC 1283 „Taming Uncertainty…“, the following postdoc position over four years is available:
The successful candidate will participate in the CRC project C5 “Financial equilibria under Knightian uncertainty”.
Further information is available at https://www.sfb1283.uni-bielefeld.de
- Research within project C5 of the CRC 1283 combines the economic theory of general equilibrium under uncertainty and the newly developed nonlinear stochastic calculus for non–dominated classes of probability measures (G– calculus) to study the consequences for asset markets (approx. 85% of responsibilities)
- Participate in joint research projects and discussions in the C5 project, and contribute to events such as project-oriented workshops (approx. 5%)
- Contribute to the main topics of discussion and research in the CRC (approx. 5%)
- Assist in planning and organizing CRC events (approx. 5%)
The successful candidate is expected to have:
- Doctoral degree in either Mathematics or Economics
- Interest in the interdisciplinary aspects of mathematics and economics, as well as a strong background in either General Equilibrium Theory or Probability Theory
- Thorough background in research fields related to the project
- Ability to communicate and to work in a team
- Good knowledge of English
Salary will be paid according to Remuneration level 13 of the Wage Agreement for Public Service in the Federal States (TV-L). As stipulated in § 2 (1) paragraph 2 of the WissZeitVG (fixed-term employment), the contract will end on June 30, 2021. In accordance with the provisions of the WissZeitVG and the Agreement on Satisfactory Conditions of Employment, the length of contract may differ in individual cases. The position is advertised as a 100% full-time employment. In individual cases, this percentage may be reduced on request, as long as this does not conflict with official requirements.
Bielefeld University is particularly committed to the career development of its employees. It offers attractive internal and external postgraduate training. Employees have the opportunity to use a variety of health, counselling, and prevention programs. Bielefeld University aims at a good work-family balance.
Your application should be received via email (a single PDF document sent to firstname.lastname@example.org) by the 11th of August 2017. Please mark your application with the identification code wiss17180. In addition to the usual documents we request a letter of motivation. Please do not use folders and send only photocopies of original documents because all application materials will be destroyed at the end of the selection procedure. Further information about Bielefeld University can be found on our homepage at http://www.uni-bielefeld.de.
Center for Mathematical Economics
Prof. Dr. Frank Riedel
P.O. Box: 10 01 31
Prof. Dr. Frank Riedel