At the Department of Economics of the University of St.Gallen (HSG) a new ASSISTANT/Ph.D. POSITION in FINANCIAL ECONOMETRICS will be filled starting in February 2018 or later.
The position is part of the Chair of Financial Econometrics held by Prof. Dr. Matthias Fengler. The candidates for this position are expected to start a Ph.D. in Economics and Finance (PEF) at the University of St.Gallen (http://www.pef.unisg.ch). Starting with 50% the position can be increased to 70% later on.
The Ph.D. thesis can cover both theoretical or empirical topics in Financial Econometrics (see Prof. M. Fengler’s website https://mathstat.unisg.ch/en/chairs/financialeconometrics/ for an overview of his current research agenda).
The successful candidate will be integrated in a young research team, with a strong foundation in quantitative methods for Finance and Economics. The group is located at the Faculty of Mathematics and Statistics of the University of St.Gallen (http://www.mathstat.unisg.ch).
Applications for the position should be sent by e-mail to Mrs. Margit Albers (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 05 January 2018.
- Master degree in Economics and Finance; or Mathematics and Statistics (background in Econometrics and Finance required).
- Willingness to write a Ph.D. in Economics and Finance at the University of St.Gallen (http://www.pef.unisg.ch).
- Strong willingness to apply quantitative methods in Finance and Economics.
- Strong interest in Financial Statistics and Econometrics.
- Interest in BigData applications.
The application package must contain:
- Motivation letter
- Complete Curriculum vitae
- Two recommendation letters
- Collaboration in the research activities in the areas of Financial Econometrics.
- Support of the teaching at the Faculty of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of St.Gallen at different teaching levels.
- Development of a Ph. D. thesis in Financial Econometrics at the University of St.Gallen.