At the Institute of Financial Mathematics of the Faculty of Mathematics and Economics of Ulm University there is prospectively an open position for a visiting professorship in Applied Stochastics (due to parental leave) starting April 1st, 2019.
Duration: 6 months
The duties of the visiting professorship include holding lectures, seminars etc. in the area of Financial Mathematics/Probability/Statistics. The concrete courses can be agreed in line with one’s personal focus.
The language of instruction can be German or English. Hence, knowledge of German is not mandatory.
The salary is in line with the professorial pay scale W2.
To be eligible for the visiting/substitute professorship one is required to:
- hold a university degree
- to be pedagogically qualified (i.e. to have experience in teaching)
- to show special aptitude for scientific work (= hold a very good doctoral degree)
- have habilitated or achievements equivalent to a habilitation.
Please email an informal application by November 25th, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the following documents:
- Copy of diploma/master certificate
- copy of PhD certificate
- list of publications
- list of teaching experiences
- copy of habilitation certificate/confirmation of habilitation equivalent achievements.