At the Department of Economics of the University of St.Gallen a new ASSISTANT/Ph.D. POSITION in FINANCIAL ECONOMETRICS will be filled starting at the earliest day possible.
The position is part of the Chair of Financial Econometrics held by Prof. Dr. Matthias Fengler. The candidates for this position are expected to start a Ph.D. in Economics and Finance (PEF) at the University of St.Gallen (http://www.pef.unisg.ch). The position will start as 55% position and can be increased to 75% later on.
The position is part of the research team in Financial Econometrics at the Faculty of Mathematics and Statistics of the University of St.Gallen (http://www.mathstat.unisg.ch). Therefore a strong interest in theoretical and empirical topics of Finance and Economics as well as a strong background in quantitative methods are expected (see also Prof. M. Fengler’s website https://mathstat.unisg.ch/en/chairs/financialeconometrics/).
Applications for the position should be sent by e-mail to Dr. Margit Albers (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than February 17th, 2019.
- Master degree in Economics and Finance; or Mathematics and Statistics (good background knowledge in Econometrics and Finance is essential).
- Willingness to write a Ph.D. in Economics and Finance at the University of St.Gallen (http://www.pef.unisg.ch).
- Strong willingness to apply quantitative methods in Finance and Economics.
- Strong interest in Financial Statistics and Econometrics.
- Interest in BigData applications.
The application package must contain:
- Motivation letter
- Complete Curriculum vitae
- Two recommendation letters
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.