The Institute for Statistics and Mathematics is currently inviting applications for up to three 30 hours/week Teaching and Research Associate positions (pre-doc employee, minimum gross monthly salary, paid 14 times per year: Euro 2,148.38). These employee positions will be limited to a period of 6 years, starting on September 01, 2019 (commencement date subject to change).
- The successful candidate will enroll in the PhD Programme in Economics and Social Science (an English track is available) and will carry out research work in the field of mathematics for economics and business in one of the research areas of the institute (stochastic processes and financial mathematics; statistics and computing; optimization), typically with a focus on applications in finance and economics. Your research projects will comprise all aspects of applied mathematics, from model development and mathematical analysis to numerical implementation and statistical estimation of models.
- Moreover, you will have teaching and supervision duties at the undergraduate level (2hrs of teaching per week).
- MSc or diploma in applied mathematics or, alternatively, an MSc in either quantitative finance, quantitative economics, or statistics, with a strong mathematical background
- Very good background in stochastics (probability theory and statistics)
- A strong motivation for academic research
- Good English as well as good programming skills
- Pedagogical and presentation skills
German language skills are not a prerequisite. Some prior background in economics or finance is an advantage.
We offer a stimulating interdisciplinary research environment in an attractive city. For further information, contact either Prof. Kurt Hornik (Kurt.Hornik@wu.ac.at) or Prof. Rüdiger Frey (Ruediger.Frey@wu.ac.at).
Reference Number: 163
Application materials can be submitted online until April 24, 2019.
Please apply on the website www.wu.ac.at/jobs.