There is an opening starting in summer 2022 (exact starting date is flexible) at the Technical University of Munich.
The student/postdoc will work with Prof. Matthias Scherer/Prof. Rudi Zagst on a project funded by the ERGO Center of Excellence in Insurance. The research is in Actuarial Science/Risk Management/Financial Mathematics.
- Master’s/PhD degree in (Financial-)Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, or a related field
- Strong mathematical preparation and interest
- Good programming skills (e.g., in R)
- Fluency in English (knowledge of German is an advantage, but not a formal requirement)
Applications and inquiries should be sent to Bettina Haas firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your application as a single PDF file and include:
- a brief statement on your interests and experience,
- a CV (including, if available, a list of publications and the contact details of two academic references),
- your university transcripts.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, TUM explicitly encourages applications from women as well as from all others who would bring additional diversity dimensions to the university’s research and teaching strategies. Preference will be given to disabled candidates with essentially the same qualifications.
The review of applications will start immediately and continues until the position is filled.